Marc Marquez took victory at MotorLand from Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo, after a hard fought battle to the front.
Marquez really tested the limit to work his way through from fifth on the grid, and once he had arrived at the front he was still under pressure from Jorge Lorenzo. All the while, Pedrosa was working his way up, and once he’d passed Vinales it was a charge to the front for the Spaniard to try and catch his team mate.
Lorenzo had an incredible run in Aragon. He led a large portion of the race and once Marquez came through he still managed to pile on the pressure. He is coming ever closer to that first Ducati win, and in Aragon he purely just lay the foundations for it.
A heroic ride from Valentino Rossi saw him finish in fifth. He kept with Lorenzo during the opening laps but was eventually pushed back, but fifth is still remarkable considering his injury.
Andrea Dovizioso went to MotorLand equal on points with Marquez at the top of the standings. Unfortunately, he leaves with a sixteen point deficit after struggling to find the pace all weekend.
The GP grid next heads to Motegi, where Marquez will be looking to extend his new championship lead.
- Marc Marquez, Repsol Honda Team – 42:06.816
- Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda Team +0.879
- Jorge Lorenzo, Ducati Team +2.028
- Maverick Viñales, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP +5.256
- Valentino Rossi, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP +5.882
- Aleix Espargaro, Aprilia Racing Team Gresini +6.962
- Andrea Dovizioso, Ducati Team +7.455
- Alvaro Bautista, Pull&Bear Aspar Team +7.910
- Johann Zarco, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 +13.002
- Pol Espargaro, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing +14.075
- Mika Kallio, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing +17.192
- Andrea Iannone, Team Suzuki Ecstar +20.632
- Jack Miller, EG 0,0 Marc VDS +23.886
- Scott Redding, OCTO Pramac Racing +25.523
- Tito Rabat, EG 0,0 Marc VDS +26.023
- Jonas Folger, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 +30.302
- Alex Rins, Team Suzuki Ecstar +31.874
- Hector Barbera, Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +31.948
- Bradley Smith, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing +36.296
- Danilo Petrucci, OCTO Pramac Racing +37.842
- Loris Baz, Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +47.559
- Sam Lowes, Aprilia Racing Team Gresini +47.647
Cal Crutchlow, LCR Honda – 7 laps
Karel Abraham, Pull&Bear Aspar Team – 13 laps