So, Kris Meeke won the Rally Guanajuato Mexico yesterday. Congratulations to him and his team Citroen, you truly did a fantastic job. Still, it was super close they didn’t lose it in the end. Here is some video material from the last few hundred meters:
Breathtaking. Had he turned an inch the wrong way and destruction would have followed. It is amazing how Meeke was able to find a way out from the parking place so quickly.
Ogier under disqualification threat
The story has been going around the rallying world that 4-time World Champion Sebastien Ogier might face disqualification from Rally Mexico. The Frenchman finished second in Mexico and took first place in driver standings from Jari-Matti Latvala. Ogier must now wait for FIA decision on the legality of his Ford Fiesta. The gearbox of his car might have an issue with its rating and therefore Ogier might lose his points from the rally. For this reason the following standings are unofficial. If Ogier is disqualified, he will fall down to fourth place with 44 points. At the top of the team standings, M-Sport lead would only diminish if Ogier is disqualified.
The Driver Standings:
- Sebastien Ogier; M-Sport; 66 points
- Jari-Matti Latvala; Toyota; 58 points
- Ott Tänak; M-Sport; 48 points
- Dani Sordo; Hyundai; 30 points
- Thierry Neuville; Hyundai; 28 points
- Kris Meeke; Citroen; 27 points
The Team Standings:
- M-Sport World Rally Team; 107 points
- Toyota Gazoo Racing WRT; 67 points
- Hyundai Motorsport; 65 points
- Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT; 55 points