Marc Marquez has taken his 8th win in 8 years at the German circuit, from home hero Jonas Folger and Dani Pedrosa.
Marquez got the best start off the line with Pedrosa not far behind. But Folger wasn’t far behind, and as soon as he was close enough he pounced on Pedrosa to take second.
No quicker than Folger was through on Pedrosa was he through on Marquez to lead his home GP. Folger led for a number of laps before being passed by Marquez, who eventually took home his 8th Sachsenring win after a lengthy batlle with Folger.
Hector Barbera was caught out at the beginning with a jump start, and was black flagged after not completing his ride through penalty in the allotted time. Sam Lowes crashed out with 18 laps to go and Andrea Iannone also fell victim to the gravel at turn 12.
Marc Marquez now sits at the top of the championship standings with Maverick Vinales just 5 points behind. Dovizioso has dropped back to 3rd.
- Marc Marquez, Repsol Honda Team – 40:59.525
- Jonas Folger, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 3.310
- Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda Team + 11.546
- Maverick Viñales, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP + 14.253
- Valentino Rossi, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP + 14.980
- Alvaro Bautista, Pull&Bear Aspar Team + 16.534
- Aleix Espargaro, Aprilia Racing Team Gresini + 19.736
- Andrea Dovizioso, Ducati Team + 20.188
- Johann Zarco, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 21.138
- Cal Crutchlow, LCR Honda + 24.210