Marc Marquez has taken his 8th consecutive pole at the Sachsenring. Much like COTA, Marquez enjoys success here and is yet to be beaten around the track.
Danilo Petrucci is another rider who is enjoying success, with two Grand Prix podiums to his name so far he is lining himself up to break Marquez’s streak and take his first win. Petrucci had to go through Q2, but effortlessly sailed through alongside Pol Espargaro. Petrucci sat in provisional pole for the majority of the session, until Marquez snatched it from him during the closing minutes.
Pol Espargaro came through to head up the third row in 7th in front of his brother Aleix. The factory Yamaha’s of Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales appear to be struggling in these ever changing conditions, qualifying in 9th and 11th respectively.
- Marc Marquez, Repsol Honda Team – 1:27.302
- Danilo Petrucci, OCTO Pramac Racing + 0.160
- Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda Team + 0.647
- Cal Crutchlow, LCR Honda + 0.787
- Jonas Folger, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 0.908
- Jorge Lorenzo, Ducati Team + 1.081
- Pol Espargaro, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing + 1.110
- Aleix Espargaro, Aprilia Racing Team Gresini + 1.224
- Valentino Rossi, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP + 1.367
- Andrea Dovizioso, Ducati Team + 1.401
- Maverick Viñales, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP + 1.521
- Alvaro Bautista, Pull&Bear Aspar Team + 1.666